GR8 Tech is a global product company that provides innovative, scalable platforms and business solutions for the iGaming industry.
We have а great experience: GR8 Tech platform successfully handles millions of active players and offers best practices to develop and grow in the gambling industry. We are here to provide great gaming tech to satisfy even greater ambition!
We develop complete tech coverage for gambling businesses worldwide, including iGaming platform solutions, consulting, integration, and long-lasting operation services.
We are driven by our ambition to make a great product with great people! Together we move the world of iGaming forward — join!
We are seeking an experienced and motivated engineer with solid management skills who will help us enforce various aspects of tech and product strategy in the company(you will be able to contribute to strategy as well).
The responsibilities of this role include collaborating with product managers, improving company policies and standards and enforcing them in departments across the company, overseeing the development and maintenance of our platform and modules infrastructure, ensuring its stability, scalability, and security.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, and drive the execution of projects to support our overall business objectives.
About your key responsibilities and impact:
- Taking part in promoting organization’s tech exposure on various conferences;
- Identifying roles and expertise required for our organization growth;
- Working closely with HR department on internal grading and mentorship programs;
- Leading internal knowledge-sharing programs to ensure engineers’ growth environment;
- Managing teams of engineers as functional manager, fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture, meaning: show example by yourself, hire new and promote existing; employees that match this culture, fire employees that do not want to follow company’s culture;
- Setting clear performance expectations, providing transparent feedback, and supporting team members and engineering managers who want to develop their careers in the company;
- Facilitating effective communication and coordination within the team and across other departments;
Technical Strategy and Roadmap:
- Taking part in developing and executing the technical strategy and roadmap for teams under your direct and indirect management, aligning it with the company’s goals and objectives;
- Collaborating with engineering, product, design, business, marketing, and sales teams and introducing new products to the market;
- Identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement in the platforms architecture and infrastructure;
- Identifying and evaluating quality standards of our products and services(including automatization for standards and metrics evaluation) and other standards related to documentation, development process etc.;
- Pushing and integrating standards in every team, stream and division;
- Identifying key parts of target architecture. Making sure that our products are getting to arch targets the fastest way possible;
- Planning, prioritizing, and managing the execution of projects, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to quality standards;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to gather requirements, define project scope, and establish realistic timelines;
- Monitoring project progress, identifying risks and issues, and proactively implementing solutions to overcome obstacles;
- Collaborating closely with other engineering teams, product managers, and stakeholders to understand their requirements and incorporate them into the platform development process;
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing across teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects;
- Providing technical guidance and support to cross-functional teams during the integration of their systems with the platform;
Platform Reliability and Performance:
- Ensuring the stability, scalability, and security of the platform by implementing best practices and monitoring systems;
- Driving initiatives to optimize the platform’s performance, availability, and response times and costs;
- Establishing and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the platform’s reliability and performance, and take necessary actions to meet or exceed targets.
Essential professional experience:
- Essential professional experience:
- 7+ years in software development;
- 3+ years of hands-on experience within complex multi stack ecosystems;
- 3 years experience in engineering management;
- Experience in managing large complex projects;
- Strong conflict management skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to pragmatically handle multiple initiatives, roles, and responsibilities going in parallel;
- Experience in cloud-native development in public clouds;
- Experience in building MVPs and refactoring large complex platforms;
- English level – intermediate+.
Would be a plus:
- Understanding of different team topologies;
- Understanding of high load systems and resilience patterns;
- Executive position experience.
Desirable skills and personal features:
- Proactivity and responsibility;
- Willing to learn and improve;
- Problem solver by nature;
- Deep understanding of how to properly collaborate;
- Contributor by nature;
- Ability to explain what is lambda function to a non-tech person or your grandma 🙂